Mystery Factory Kids Party Games
Easy for You
FUN for Kids !
A Kids Mystery Party In a PDF
Our Hobo Heist Kids Mystery Party will have your youngsters hot on the trail of Kaboom Cassidy, notorious train robber, who has stolen the dynamite from Henrietta Junction.
Dynamite that is needed to save a group of kids trapped in an old gold mine.
It’s an adventure party in a PDF, with all the instructions and printable clues you’ll need and plenty of ways to dress it up.
Railway Guard Jack Gandy
A hot wind whistled through the tree tops and stirred up dust devils over the dry ground near Henrietta Junction. All the children from the hobo camp had set out for a picnic, but the dust was getting in their eyes. They headed for shelter inside an abandoned mine shaft.
The Spitball Express, the fastest train in the country, was hurtling towards Henrietta Junction today with a load of gold. All the adults had stayed at the hobo jungle by the train station to watch. They kept clear of the railroad guards who were on the lookout for the notorious bank robber, KaBoom Cassidy. He was rumoured to be in the area looking for trouble, and the guards needed to protect the gold on the Spitball Express.
All that changed when Guard Jack Gandy saw a young boy running towards Henrietta Junction, tears streaming down his face and yelling for help. The roof of the mine had collapsed, and all the kids were trapped inside!
They had to save the kids before their air ran out. Gandy dashed to the dynamite shed to get some explosives to clear the mine entrance. He flung open the door and saw … EMPTINESS! KaBoom Cassidy had already stolen the dynamite to rob the Spitball Express!
Kaboom Cassidy must be in disguise as one of the new faces in town that day. Is the robber Boxcar Bertha? Sweet Tooth Sadie? Freighthop Freddie? Or is he the new Station Master, Bert Bully? Will Jack Gandy be able to catch the robber and find the dynamite before the kids run out of air? Only with the help of your Gumshoes. Time is ticking!
Clue Hunt Mystery
Hobo Heist is two fun Gumshoe Detective Agency party games in one:
- a Whodunnit, where your Gumshoes examine the Crime Scene for evidence and record it in their Casebooks. The evidence could be fingerprints, or candy wrappers, or anything else that does not belong at the scene of the crime. The thief is the only person who has left all four clues at the Crime Scene.
- a Clue Hunt to find where the missing plunder has been hidden. Your Gumshoes get to chase down a series of puzzles to find the treasure.
Read your Gumshoes the Scenario, give them their Detective Handbooks, and stand back! Once it is set up the game runs itself. Don’t be surprised if things get quiet – that’s the sound of active, engaged minds at work.
Print And Play – A Party In A PDF
Your instant download gives you all the tools and evidence you’ll need, plus detailed instructions on how it all goes together. Add some easily-found items and the party is ready.
Like any good party, it takes a bit of preparation. Give yourself a day to set it all up. Follow our Dress It Up suggestions to add even more to the decor. Or build your Gumshoes a Hobo Jungle! There’s no limit to the fun you can have.
- Turn Hobo Heist into a sleep over by having your guests bring their overnight items in a hobo bindle and their sleeping bags to camp-out in a hobo jungle.
- Begin the party by making hobo bread in a can and cook it in your oven while the kids track down clues! It will be butter-melting hot and yummy by the time they find the stolen dynamite. Make the snack complete with Hobo Apples – an apple with the core removed and filled with peanut butter.
- Use bindles for loot bags. Give the kids sticks to decorate and to tie the bindles too.
- Check this out for lots of great hobo lore, and to find out about Cyberhobos! http://cyberhobo.com/
Questions? All our parties come with free email support.
Check out the Gumshoe Detective Agency FAQ for more information.
Instant Download – Party On!
Your secure Paypal payment will bring you right to your Download page where the Hobo Heist PDF will be waiting for you. We’ll send you an email with the download link, too.
Tell Us – Tell A Friend
If you and your kids had fun, drop us a comment. Help other party planners out and tell your network!”